Every Moment by Joseph L Young
- The album opens with Prism, beginning with a sequenced synth line from whence Joseph's saxophone emerges with underlying keyboards. Then, before you know it, a whistle enters the air complementing the sax as a mournful bell chimes to hail the whistle alone before it rejoins its friend, the sax in a union like long lost friends back together for a moment. Then the sequence again hails the final moments of the saxophone, saying goodbye to its friend, the whistle. The sequence sounds stops..and then also..the saxophone says its goodbyes.
- A single synth note is a prelude to another sequence enchanted by a display of saxophone on Falling Through Time that asks questions that the vocoder vocals answer to in this unique blend of 80's sounds with a modern edge not afraid of reinventing classic 80's sonic iconography. Two tracked sax towards the end reinforcing the fact that maybe not all questions have answers.
- In Every Moment there are piano notes inviting us to reflect as the saxophone is the healer that that reassures us, that in every moment everything is Ok. Don't worry. The most beautiful part is where the piano and sax merge in a comforting embrace. Things can be tough sure..but in every moment..its Ok..its almost Buddhist, there is only the the present. Beautiful playing throughout this wonderful track that displays Joseph's understanding of the piano in addition to his lead instrument here.
- Crystal synths sounds and sax build up to percussive moments and synth surges with, this time dual sax. Then, an almost holy passage with female sounds that reminds us that Joseph's music also has a spiritual element. Thus is Twilight
- Drums open like a scene from an inspiring shot in a film. Joseph's keyboard skills and sense for atmosphere play an important part throughout this album which is edifying and reminds us that he should be recognised for this in addition to his wind instrument virtuosity. This is track is difficult to pigeon hole which is kinda cool huh. that's Time Traveller for you!
- I'm very fond of the synth swirls Joseph uses on this album. another atmospheric track..I am starting to think this a concept album almost! This is driving in the dawn to nowhere in particular music, as the sun rises, guitar sounds and satisfying synths will keep you on the road, Whatever your destination. A Journey we all must take Once in a While.
- MORE SOON in the meantime here is the album so hear for yourself https://josephlyoung.bandcamp.com/album/every-moment